Sunday, October 14, 2012

Make your Popcorn happy! Add Snickers! Recipe included :)

Tired of your usual popcorn? Want more flavors aside from salt, butter, sour cream and barbecue?

Popcorn is a favorite when it comes to the movies, I am a movie buff and I buy popcorn every time I go to the cinemas, but I admit that I get bored to the usual flavors served in the food counters.

I know that I am not the only one who likes to eat popcorn in the cinemas, I know that there are people like me who start to eat their popcorn once they get settled on their seats, and discovers that their popcorn tub is already half empty in the beginning of the movie.

I am aware of the fact that popcorn is sold in many flavors in the United States, unlike her in the Philippines where only Tater's have a lot of flavors to choose from.

 I was thinking that when I have my own house, and I have a big entertainment room, I know that I am surely going to make myself  perfect batch of popcorn, but this time, it's not sour cream, salted, or butter anymore. This time, it's going to be Snickers Popcorn :)

I don't really know if I can wait to make this. Did I just say I have to a house first before I try this? Hahaha. I don't think I can wait.

Well, I was so into looking for new popcorn flavors, and I came across this recipe from cookiesandcups.com. For those who are chocolate and popcorn lovers at the same time, this is for you:

First you need to pop your corn

Then you need to make your caramel.
Butter + Brown Sugar + Corn syrup = Delicious
Boil it for 5 minutes…
Transfer it onto some wax paper and sprinkles with your peanuts and make sure all your corn is coated.
Now bake it up for a little over an hour at 200°
Giving it a nice stir every 15 minutes.
While the popcorn is baking get out your Snickers. The more the merrier.
Give ‘em a coarse chopping.
When the popcorn is done add in your Snickers and stir them in evenly.
Pop the popcorn back in the oven for 3 minutes just enough time to melt the Snickers to the popcorn.
Transfer the popcorn back to the wax paper and spread out to cool.
But if you WANT, you could drizzle some melted chocolate on top.
Finished popcorn:

It looks so gooood! It makes me drool! Hahaha. So what do you say guys? Are you willing to try this with me?:)






No comments:

Post a Comment